Thank you for your interest in joining the Institute for American Indian Studies Staff!
We are currently seeking applicants in our Education department. Review of applications will occur as they are received. Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions.
Museum Educator and Escape Room Coordinator
The responsibilities of this position will be split between working as an educator as needed for programs as well as coordinating the booking and general management of the IAIS “Wigwam Escape” puzzle room. The position will be shared between these two responsibilities with in the Education Department.
Museum educators are responsible for presenting dynamic, hands-on educational programs and activities to schools and community, youth and adult groups at the Institute for American Indian Studies, and at designated off-site venues. Museum Educators are responsible for assisting in the overall work of the Educational Department and report to the Education Coordinator and IAIS Administration.
- Conducting museum programs, in-house and outreach, workshops, and summer programs for students in pre-K through grade 12 around a variety of themes related to school curricula.
- Assisting in the development of programs as requested
- Leading age-appropriate hands-on activities and primary source workshops
- Assisting in set-up and clean-up for educational activities and in the preparation of teaching materials, including preparing supplies for program activities and photocopying.
- Attends educational department meetings, and if available, staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Education Coordinator and IAIS Administration.
- Assist with weekend events as needed
Escape Room Coordinator
The Escape Room Coordinator will be responsible for the oversight and maintenance of the IAIS “Wigwam Escape” Room. The Escape room is classified as part of the IAIS Education department since the development of this project serves as educational and interactive experience for participants.
- Respond to inquiries regarding booking the Escape Room and providing information appropriately.
- Processing payments and reserving bookings for the Escape Room
- Manage part time support staff
- Maintenance of the escape room and ensuring all puzzles are functioning appropriately
- Preparing the Escape Room for guests and resetting between bookings
- Alerting IAIS Administration to any issues with puzzles and electronic materials and scheduling appropriate repairs and maintenance.
- Strong customer service skills and friendly disposition
- Actively market the business
- Have a thorough understanding of our rooms’ the puzzles, the items inside. Be able to run the rooms as a monitor as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of props, supplies, and other company items such as t-shirts. Ensuring proper inventory count and maintenance.
- Problem-solve efficiently - think critically and efficiently under pressure.
- Other Duties as neededInterested Candidate should email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]