Thank you for your interest in joining the Institute for American Indian Studies Staff!
We are currently looking for Experience Hosts for our Wigwam Escape Room as well as an Administrative Assistant to support our Administrative staff.
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
The Institute for American Indian Studies’ Wigwam Escape represents an immersive educational experience designed to generate a hands-on learning experience. Through this engaging educational experience IAIS seeks to help participants better understand life before contact in the Eastern Woodlands.
Experience Hosts are hourly seasonal positions beginning for the summer season 2018 that vary weekly, mainly, weekend and evening work with the possibility to extend the term of the position.
Experience Hosts are responsible for facilitating dynamic, hands-on, Escape Room learning experiences and follow-up dialogue at the IAIS, and at designated off-site venues. Experience Hosts are responsible for assisting in the overall work of the Education Department and report to the Escape Room Coordinator and IAIS Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring guests have an enjoyable gaming experience in the IAIS Wigwam Escape Room
- Reception area duties including greeting guests, answering phone, and email inquires
- Assisting with booking and payment processing
- Orienting guests, explaining rules, and escape room story line.
- Monitoring IAIS Wigwam Escape participant activities and giving assistance when necessary.
- Attends if available, staff meetings.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Escape Room Coordinator and IAIS Administration.
- Assist with weekend events as needed, this position will be mainly night and weekend hours.
- Attention to detail, positive attitude, and good sense of humor.
- Other duties as needed by IAIS Administration
- Basic content knowledge and eagerness to learn about Connecticut and New England’s indigenous peoples
- Basic Computer Skills, Microsoft office suite, DMX programming experience preferred
- Skills as a teacher in nontraditional classroom settings and desire to work with the public
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to adapt to changing situations and respond positively.
- Experience working with diverse communities, and/or shared heritage, knowledge, & understandings of Native American cultures.
- Dedication to public service and a commitment to reaching diverse audiences.
- Flexibility, creativity, and willingness to try new ideas.
- Reliability and personal organization skills to ensure that all commitments are met.
- Previous customer service experience
- Willingness to submit to a background check.
- Requires lifting of 15+ lbs.
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Wigwam Escape in the Subject Line